Paid mileage included in my wages. How does that affect my universal credit claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Paid mileage included in my wages. How does that affect my universal credit claim

Abbie_1990
Abbie_1990 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Ive just started work as a carer. I get paid mileage but its added onto my wage. Ive been told its broken down on my payslip so you can see whats income and whats fuel reimbursement. What will get included in my universal credit claim? Will they include my fuel costs as an earning?
Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Abbie_1990, welcome to the community! It's great to have you here.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this myself- I wonder if it's worth giving the universal credit helpline a call to see if they can clarify?
    Universal Credit helpline
    Telephone: 0800 328 5644 
    Welsh language (make a claim): 0800 012 1888 
    Textphone: 0800 328 1344
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm 
    Find out about call charges
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi Abbie 1990

A very warm welcome.

Your mileage payment should not be included for UC.

But give them a call to make sure.

At least you are being paid some expenses, a lot of care workers don't.

Hope your enjoying your new vital role.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.