Bullying — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bullying

8mcmillan8
8mcmillan8 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
OT HAD WORK CARRIED OUT TO ASSIST ME.
NEIGHBOUR DOES NOT LIKE SND WANTS APPROVED WORK REMOVED WAS TO ASSIST ME LIVING IN OWN HOME WITH STEPS AND HAND RAILS
POLICE HAD TO BE CALLED.
ABUSE BY NEIGHBOUR VERY FRIGHTENED

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    edited June 2018
    Hi @8mcmillan8, I'm so sorry that you're going through this - no one should be made to feel unsafe, especially in their own home. 

Are you able to contact our helpline? They will be able to give you more personalised advice and support with what you're going through. You can call them on 0808 800 3333 or email them at helpline@scope.org.uk
  • Jean_OT
    Jean_OT Community member Posts: 513 Pioneering
    Hi @8mcmillan8

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having these difficulties with your neighbour, nobody should have to live in fear in their own home.

Is the abuse ongoing or have things quietened down after the confrontation that the police were called to?

Sometimes these things calm down when people have had the opportunity to reflect on their actions but if there are further incidents don't hesitate to call the police. Consider if it is appropriate to report what has happen as a hate crime, for more information about hate crime see: https://www.scope.org.uk/hate-crime

I would also suggest that you keep a diary of any incidents to use as evidence should it prove necessary in the future. If you, or your neighbour, are in social housing the the council/housing association Housing Officer may also be able to intervene.

Despite it being your housing adaptations that seem to have triggered your neighbours actions I doubt this is really an issue that your OT will be about to do much with but it might just be worth letting the OT know of the difficulties you are experiencing.

If you have a support worker, social worker, police community support officer (PCSO), or other professional that you trust, do let them know that you are feeling fearful and ask if there is anything that they can do to support you.

Best Wishes
    Jean  

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.