Haven't received help with rent from Universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Haven't received help with rent from Universal credit

Options
debpeet
debpeet Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
I am on enhanced pip mobility and standard daily living my partner works full time and gets paid every 4th Friday,we have a joint claim on uni cred to help with cost of rent which is almost £500 every month but we have had nothing from uni cred towards rent ,my partner pays the rent which is half his wages ,I only get standard pip each month because the car we had failed  mot ,we desperately need advice on what steps to take .I went for a uni cred assessment and the report online stated that my knee was examined ( it was nt) and I could lift my leg up when lying down ( I was in a seat all through assessment ) we have no idea where to turn for help about this .I have osteoarthritis,depression,irritable bowel and thyroid problem any advice will be greatly recieved

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @debpeet

Welcome my friend it’s great to meet you today.

We have got a helpline which is a good place to start with.

Here’s the number below for you: 

0808 800 3333

Please please let me know if I can help/support you further as we have got more help/advice.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    debpeet said:
    I am on enhanced pip mobility and standard daily living my partner works full time and gets paid every 4th Friday,we have a joint claim on uni cred to help with cost of rent which is almost £500 every month but we have had nothing from uni cred towards rent ,my partner pays the rent which is half his wages ,I only get standard pip each month because the car we had failed  mot ,we desperately need advice on what steps to take .I went for a uni cred assessment and the report online stated that my knee was examined ( it was nt) and I could lift my leg up when lying down ( I was in a seat all through assessment ) we have no idea where to turn for help about this .I have osteoarthritis,depression,irritable bowel and thyroid problem any advice will be greatly recieved
    Hi,

UC is a means tested benefit and the any claim will depend on what your partner earns per month. Pop your details into the benefits calculator to see what it says. They are only as accurate as the info you put into them.

Are you saying you've been found fit for work after your assessment? If so then you can ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.