Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Haven't received help with rent from Universal credit
I am on enhanced pip mobility and standard daily living my partner works full time and gets paid every 4th Friday,we have a joint claim on uni cred to help with cost of rent which is almost £500 every month but we have had nothing from uni cred towards rent ,my partner pays the rent which is half his wages ,I only get standard pip each month because the car we had failed mot ,we desperately need advice on what steps to take .I went for a uni cred assessment and the report online stated that my knee was examined ( it was nt) and I could lift my leg up when lying down ( I was in a seat all through assessment ) we have no idea where to turn for help about this .I have osteoarthritis,depression,irritable bowel and thyroid problem any advice will be greatly recieved
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 610 Work and employment
- 511 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.