PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Would I have to have an assessment to get standard rate mobility?

stapeleystapeley Member Posts: 6 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
I just had a ESA assessment , i am hopeful of getting  the support allowance ,scoring on mobility. I know i will not qualify for PIP on the daily living allowance , but think i would get 8 points for mobility . Would I have to have an assessment ?

Replies

• markyboymarkyboy Member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    You will almost certainly be assessed
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes very highly likely you would be sent for the face 2 face assessment. It's extremely rare not to have one. Evidence will also be needed. ESA and PIP and totally different benefits.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    You will be assessed even if you get 0 points!
  • stapeleystapeley Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Heard that I am now on ESA support allowance, Therefore I have gone from zero points in APRIL last year to having loads of points 12 months later . Last year I had a letter from Podiatry agreeing that I could not walk more than 100 metres , which should have given me 8 points. They even provided a taxi . The assessor lied on the report , giving false times , ie,  was able to remain seated. Which I had not , having to move from seated position at least three times . Despite having medical evidence of a neck and shoulder problem , was told I could  MOBILISE in a wheel chair . Its a lottery  if you get a assessor with a any sort of  conscience . 
Sign in or join us to comment.