Would I have to have an assessment to get standard rate mobility? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Would I have to have an assessment to get standard rate mobility?

stapeley Member Posts: 6 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I just had a ESA assessment , i am hopeful of getting  the support allowance ,scoring on mobility. I know i will not qualify for PIP on the daily living allowance , but think i would get 8 points for mobility . Would I have to have an assessment ?


  • markyboy
    markyboy Member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    You will almost certainly be assessed
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,366 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes very highly likely you would be sent for the face 2 face assessment. It's extremely rare not to have one. Evidence will also be needed. ESA and PIP and totally different benefits.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Connected
    You will be assessed even if you get 0 points!
  • stapeley
    stapeley Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Heard that I am now on ESA support allowance, Therefore I have gone from zero points in APRIL last year to having loads of points 12 months later . Last year I had a letter from Podiatry agreeing that I could not walk more than 100 metres , which should have given me 8 points. They even provided a taxi . The assessor lied on the report , giving false times , ie,  was able to remain seated. Which I had not , having to move from seated position at least three times . Despite having medical evidence of a neck and shoulder problem , was told I could  MOBILISE in a wheel chair . Its a lottery  if you get a assessor with a any sort of  conscience . 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.