Living life with osteoporosis — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Living life with osteoporosis

ojwen
ojwen Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi sending my empathy to folk on here x I have had osteoarthritus for at least 10 years . That was bad enough, but last year after an accident  broke 3 bones in my leg and have rods fitted , have been diagnosed with Osteoporosis. I had another accident this year, and broke and dislocated wrist twice .  Live on my own in a village, feel very vunerable and have found myself retreating from going out as much. I walk usually with a rollator but since I got the cast on my wrist beginning of May, I find it very difficult walking anywhere cos have to steer it with one arm !! Was not asking for sympathy, but wondered if anyone else with osteoporosis can give me any advice to feel a bit more positive !! I used to love gardening, craftwork, art, but even doing everyday things now leave me moving like a tortoise, fatigued, and very frustrated !! If I keep taking the Alendronic acid , will I get my life a bit more back to 'normal' x

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.