PIP application rejected — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP application rejected

Blatherskite
Blatherskite Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have bipolar and aspergers and even spent a year in psychiatric hospital, but I got the letter and I didn't get PIP. If I'd gotten close to the 8 points, I would understand, but they gave me 0 in everything. My mental health issues hold me back so much. I feel so invalidated. My mental health nurse said I should get PIP before I applied.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Blatherskite, welcome to the scope community , I always advise anyone applying for PIP should take a self test to see how you would fair when and if you continue with your application for PIP. Read through the descriptors to see if you meet the criteria for each activity, remember the answers you submit in your application form have to be justified at your face to face acessment.
  • aaronw3440
    aaronw3440 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    I have bipolar and aspergers and even spent a year in psychiatric hospital, but I got the letter and I didn't get PIP. If I'd gotten close to the 8 points, I would understand, but they gave me 0 in everything. My mental health issues hold me back so much. I feel so invalidated. My mental health nurse said I should get PIP before I applied.
    They do that to nearly everyone in hopes that you dont put in for a mandatory reconsideration or appeal it and give the self pip test on the benefits and work site there's multiple answers on there and try and get doctors letters , therapist letters and family statements and any other evidence such as your prescriptions I took the pip self test I should have got 24 points for daily and 12 for mobility but got 0 after the face to face because the assessor report was complete lies and fabrications  I put in for the mandatory reconsideration and the original decision had been over turned as I received the back payment at midnight and if you decide to take it further you can't until you've put in for the mandatory reconsideration and write a letter with what you disagree with be blunt but direct 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Like you I should have received Enhanced Mobility & Care as was the case for the two previous awards. I received 0 points.
    Put in for an MR (the 3rd in 5 years) and was told that the original decision still stands.
    At that point I gave up - I have had 5 years of their stupid games and decided that I no longer wanted to play with them and wanted to go home instead!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.