Have to wait 28 days to see if they want to appeal, is that normal? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have to wait 28 days to see if they want to appeal, is that normal?

anne333
anne333 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my partner has just won his pip appeal in court we rang pip and they said we have 28 days to wait to see if they want to appeal do they normally xx

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Everyone told me after my appeal success that the DWP would not pay out until the 28 days have elapsed.
    The DWP have paid me after 14 days they will have a good idea if they have got grounds of appeal were the law was not applied properly they cannot appeal just because they don't agree with the decision 
    Keep your eye out for the post Good luck
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    anne333,

Yes, as you have been advised, this is normal. You will be informed if the DWP seek permission to appeal further. Do they usually appeal - no, but it is more common than it used to be. It is still relatively rare when you look at the huge numbers of successful PIP appeals.

Fingers crossed it will all be fine for you.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Rosie2017
    Rosie2017 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    I found out 2 days after winning my Appeal that the DWP were appealing me winning my Appeal!!  They were at my Appeal and did ask me a couple of questions. I had to wait 28 days to see if they would go ahead but heard nothing until exactly 28 days later they sent my backdated money without any explanation. I think you will probably hear quite quickly if they are going to Appeal so maybe no news is good news. I hope so. Good luck.
  • binxy2609
    binxy2609 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    That is typically true... the Two have 28 days to appeal against the decision the appeal courts made but DWP have to prove good reason to appeal x good luck xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Not good reason, they have to find an error in law to be able to appeal the decision. They have 28 days to ask for the statement of reasons but not 28 days to appeal. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.