Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Could I apply for a grant or loan to help get an assistance dog?
Hi everyone, hope you are all well. I'm looking for advice really. My 15 year old daughter is autistic, has severe anxiety, depression and can have psychotic like symptoms. I hope to get her an assistance dog to try and help ground her and give her some independence. There is obviously cost involved and being a full time carer doesn't leave much in the money pot. I wondered if I could apply for a grant or some kind of loan of sorts that I could put towards to cost as it is, in effect, a tool that will help with her independence and therapy ultimately (I use the word tool loosely, clearly I'm not calling an assistance dog a tool but you know what I mean!). Any ideas/info would be useful. Many thanks
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.