Uc50 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Uc50

gayleflorence
gayleflorence Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi my son has been awarded through a uc50 form meaning he doesn't need to look for work as he's disabled. The problem I'm having is his money went up last month but he's entitled to back dated money from when he first claimed. It's been over a month and still they haven't paid him. I've tried messaging on his uc journal but I'm being ignored. It's so annoying having to fight for what is his. It took months for them to even realise he was on the wrong money and was down as able to work.

Comments

• gayleflorence
    Sorry I meant it's been over a month since he was awarded but it's months worth of backdated money
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Gayle @gayleflorence and a warm welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    I can't advise you on your specific issues, but we do have people with expertise who will get back to you as soon as they can.
    Please bear with us, and don't hesitate to tell us anything further or to ask any questions.
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad
  • gayleflorence
    Hi there. Thank you for the reply and I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks again. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi @gayleflorence the additional amount for disability would not normally be backdated, so if the payments were increased from the date of the decision (I presume he's in the support group as there is no longer an additional amount for the work-related group) then there is probably no backpay due.

UC should still be responding to your query though to confirm that!

The Benefits Training Co:

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    If he was placed into the LCWRA then it depends when the decision was made as to whether there's any backdated money. Assessment rate is paid for the first 13th week of a claim and then the extra money is paid from week 14.

If he's in the LCW group then it will depend when he started his claim as to whether there will be any backdated money. Claims that were started after April 2017 won't be entitled to the extra money. If however it started before this then he would be entitled to the extra money for this group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.