PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Post appeal win

ataloss2018ataloss2018 Member Posts: 48 Courageous
It is 2 weeks since my wife's appeal where the original decision to decline her PIP was overturned by the tribunal, aware that the DWP have 28 days to appeal but believe they rarely do.

Just wondering how long is it before they usually get in touch either by phone or letter, is it best just to leave things be and let them make the first step or is it better to ring them and chase things up, mainly to ask if they've received the tribunals decision and when will the award be put in place.  Thanks. 

Replies

• Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Member Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ataloss2018, really pleased the decision was overturned for your wife!

From what others have said, it seems that the DWP usually take around 5-8 weeks to put a tribunal decision into payment, although I know others have chosen to follow this up themselves. 
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,182 Disability Gamechanger
    If you chase them up it may put your mind at ease and you wil know how you stand financially from a future date. Or bide your time and have a nice surprise when the brown envelope drops through the letter box. If you know you have won its up to you. Very happy and pleased for you both.
  • atlas46atlas46 Community champion Posts: 827 Pioneering
    Hi at also

I would give the PIP helpline a call.  You can then track the claim, once you have been given a timescale.

The DWP works in mysterious ways (putting it kindly) !

Well done on having your claim reviewed.

It gives others in our communty encouragemet.
  • claireybclaireyb Member Posts: 4 Listener
    My husband had his decision over turned. He was told he would be awarded enhanced rate for mobility and care at tribunal. However, the DWP requested a statement of reasons from the courts, this took several weeks, then several more weeks for the DWP to process. The DWP went with the tribunal decision and awarded him his entitlement. I think it was 3 months in total.
  • ataloss2018ataloss2018 Member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Many thanks for the replies folks.

We've decided to give it until the end of the week, if no letter/call then ring them we will do.  
  • april123april123 Member Posts: 137 Pioneering
  • lindadeniselindadenise Member Posts: 302 Pioneering
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,314 Disability Gamechanger
    There are many variables at work such as whether the clerk gave the Presenting Officer a copy of the summary decision to take  ack to the office or whether a PO was even present. There is however little that’s mysterious about the process. Certain types of award and case are flagged up and forwarded to DWP legal fir a view. What you don’t necessarily want to do is be the person who flags up your own case. 
  • ataloss2018ataloss2018 Member Posts: 48 Courageous
    No PO present Mike, take on board your comments.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,314 Disability Gamechanger
    Apologies for the spelling. Late night post.
Sign in or join us to comment.