Easily foldable ramps? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Easily foldable ramps?

Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,369 Disability Gamechanger
My name is Jay, I am looking where I can get some easily foldable ramps because  I struggle to get restaurants in my electric wheelchair when I am out with my family.
I would really appreciate anyone help and advice  

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2018
    Hi @Globster, I wonder whether it might be asking the company who supplied your powerchair if they could provide any, as they're likely to know what might be most suitable for you? When I had my powerchair appointment, this was one of the things the company I was with suggested to me.

Alternatively, this portaramp page might be worth looking at.
  • Jean_OT
    Jean_OT Community member Posts: 513 Pioneering
    Hi @Globster
    It is likely that the product that you will need for the described purpose is a 'lightweight suitcase ramp' as they fold up small and are relatively easy to transport. Here is an example:  https://www.lightweight-wheelchairs.co.uk/lightweight-suitcase-ramp.html but if you Google you will find others. They do vary in price a lot, often the cost is related to the quality of materials/workmanship and the more expensive ones will be lighter and stronger but this doesn't necessarily follow. Do check that the weight limit and width of the ramp that you intend to buy to  make sure it suitable for your wheelchair, and also that it's folded weight and dimensions make it feasible to transport and handle. 

Best Wishes
    Jean 

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.