ESA Assement — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Assement

Georgia63
Georgia63 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Hello I've been on ESA for a few years. I had a capability for work assessment about 4 weeks ago. I got a letter for appointment with job centre. Just wandered am I not going to receive any letters from the assessment I had to let me know how it went or what points I got.Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Which group were you in before the assessment? was it the support group? It does sound like you've now been placed into the WRAG and the letter you've had is for a work focused interview (WFI) being placed into the WRAG means they realise you're unable to work but they will help you prepare for return to work sometime in the future and for this you attend the WFI.

Ring ESA when they open at 8 today and ask if a decision has been made. It could be that the letter has been sent but you haven't received it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    To know what was written in the report you'll need to ask them to send you the assessment report. This is much more detailed than the decision letter and is helpful if you want to go down the appeal route, with the MR first.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Georgia63
    Hello Poppy123456
    Where do I write to or phone for my assessment report. Thank you
  • Georgia63
    Hello again poppy123456.
    Sorry I was in the work focused group before and I was receiving ESA. I have lupus ,& fibromyalgia & depression. My illness has got worse the last few years and only recently was diagnosed with the fibro. So I'm just worried what's going to happen at job centre interview. Will they stop my ESA.And not getting letter from assessment neither. I'm just not up to working at the moment. I'm on tablets for depression and I'm in constant chronic pain & fatigue. Don't know what's going to happen. Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    You ring ESA for a copy of the assessment report. While you're on the phone ask if a decision's been made.

You say you were in the WRAG previously? Didn't you attend any of the WFI? They aren't to make you return to work, not at all. They're just to help you to prepare for work sometime in the furture. Unfortunately, you do have to attend this appointment, otherwise you could likely be sanctioned.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.