Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My daughter now aged 15, was diagnosed with CRPS - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome - in December 2014, and went from being a outgoing, energetic child to being completely reliant on walking aids (crutches, splints, etc) In June 2017 a severe relapse left her completely unable to walk and needing to use a wheelchair. All along her journey she has been desperate to find a sport that she can participate in. After a lot of frustrations we discovered "Wheelchair Racing". well on her first session in August 2017, before she had even seen a racing chair, the coach told her she could enter the London Mini Marathon in April 2018!!!! Well to say she enjoyed her first session is a huge understatement. She absolutely loves it, she trains twice a week. and has made some great friends there - some are even Paralympians! and the Mini Marathon? Well she completed the 3.2 mile course in 20 minutes and 57 seconds and is itching to compete again next year!!!
- 55.5K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 161 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 845 Work and employment
- 602 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 711 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 954 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.