ESA AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Hello I just received a letter from job centre. I was on ESA and I went for a work capability assessment. I just got a letter to say we have moved you from work related activity group to support group sorry but what does that mean. Will I have to go for job centre interviews and go on courses.sorry I suffer with depression and I'm a bit confused. Thanks


  • SethLaa
    SethLaa Member Posts: 111 Courageous
    Hi Georgia63', I lost my job last year for medical reasons and was fortunately placed straight into the Support Group. NO you do NOT have to undertake WC assessments, once placed in the SG you should hopefully be left alone by the DWP as I am. Transferring from DLA to PIP may still be a hassle but your SG payments will not be affected, take care x 
  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,449 Disability Gamechanger
    Being in the support group you will not need to send in fit notes any more or attend work focused interviews. You benefit will increase because of this depending on your personal circumstances and other monies coming in ie, husband partners earnings savings etc. If in doubt ring DWP for advice.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.