Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is alainabanfield!

My name is Alaina Banfield, I am a disabled artist. Born in 1991 in Gloucester, through a complicated birth, which resulted in me having cerebral palsy; it affected my motor skills and speech. After struggling throughout my education I found a way to express myself through art. Devising a way to create paintings using my head with a head pointer. Painting was a way to express myself making me more independent. I thoroughly enjoy painting because it is something I can do without people telling me that I cannot do it.

I wanted to continue my education, so went to a college that supported both my physical and creative needs.  With support I made progress, which enhanced the creativity and artwork I produced. I then went on to study design at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, Swansea, in Surface Pattern Design. My work has greatly improved due to the precision and control that I achieved and this has become a big part of my life. After my degree I created my own business, 
Banfield Designs which is a textile based company selling various different designs and products mainly through craft stalls. 

Take a look at my website: www.banfielddesigns.co.uk
Thank you!

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.