Research around design of healthcare spaces for people with sensory conditions (including ASD) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Research around design of healthcare spaces for people with sensory conditions (including ASD)

larag
larag Community member Posts: 5 Listener

Hi all. I am a Master’s student at University College London, and I am conducting research into how people with sensory conditions experience therapeutic spaces for cancer patients. I am looking for participants who identify as having visual impairments, hearing impairments or autism/ASD to complete an online survey. The survey involves looking at some photos and sharing your thoughts on them. It should take no more than 15 minutes, and participation is completely anonymous.

This research is built around the fact that the design of clinical and non-clinical healthcare spaces can have a profound impact on how cancer patients and their friends/family feel during this stressful and turbulent time. The goal of my research is to better understand how these non-clinical spaces, which provide a comforting break from the hospital environment, can truly accommodate all types of users - particularly those whose experience of a space is altered by their sensory conditions.

I would really appreciate your help, so if you have some spare time please consider completing the survey, which can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/86Qxi4mYHiWBMkQJ3 

​Thank you!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.