Sharing room with autistic brother. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sharing room with autistic brother.

Options
TehOne337
TehOne337 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, I've created an account on here to see if I can get any answers to the living situation I am currently in. I live in a 3 bedroom bungalow with my 22 year old brother, younger sister, mother and father. We have lived here for coming up to 4 years and over those years my parents have tried helping my severely autistic brother with moving out of home and into supported living (which he wants and complains about on the daily) but with no luck. We have been told numerous things such as he can't be moved into any cared living, apparently he "isn't disabled enough" because he can cook some foods on his own. Although last year he moved into residential college and after the first week he was sent home due to not being able to look after himself properly. Having to share a room with my brother is causing alot of stress on me being woken up every night because of absolute nonsense and overall alot of stress on the family because he is a very aggressive and moody person. We've tried getting help from social workers and they have been useless. I feel my parents are slowly giving up as they simply do not have the time to search into what we could do about our situation. Is there anything we can do?

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TehOne337

Welcome it’s great to meet you this morning.

We have got a “Housing & Independent Living Advisor” here on our site.

I can post your info onto them for you.

They will hopefully be able to offer you some “Help” with your current predicament.

Hi @Debbie_Scope

Can you please have a look at this post/problem for me?????

Many Many Thanks.
  • TehOne337
    TehOne337 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks ever so much, any help is appreciated!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.