Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is JuliaB!
Good morning to everyone, I am hoping for a little help regarding my Daughters claim for ESA. After being forced out of university with Depression, my Daughter came to live with us, she has claimed ESA from March 15th was assessed on May 9th and put in the support group - She has had no money to date - after various phone calls - impossible to get through most days - I have been informed she has claimed contribution based and wouldn’t receive any money as has made no contributions- now I filled out the form for her and I know I ticked income based !? We have been told she wouldn’t get an award notice letter !? But they sent one out with another form to fill in to claim income related - I am at my wits end with this and now worried that as my Daughter resides with us, she won’t be entitled to income based as we work !? These last few months have been horrendous and still no money has been received by my Daughter. Can someone please advise what we can do to move this on!? It seems ridiculous. Thank you in advance.
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.