Hi, my name is kevino261! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is kevino261!

kevino261 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Am currently living with a partner who has had a severe stroke and is currently receiving pip at the enhanced rate.I myself have been diagnosed with emphasemia and find it hard to walk to far without seriously getting out of breath.Having a metal replacement hip doesn't help.would I be eligible for PIP as well without effecting my partners money?


  • atlas46
    atlas46 Member Posts: 826 Pioneering

    A very warm welcome.

    Your potentiomal claim for PIP, witll have no impact on your partner's PIP award.

    I suggest you contact Scope helpline for advice and assistance in making a claim for PIP.

    Putting it simply terms it is how your condition, affects your ability to carry out daily living activities.

    Keep us informed, we are here to help and support you.

    Best wishes
  • kevino261
    kevino261 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks atlas46,please can u let me know where I can get the forms from, and maybe some help with filling it in. Thanks kevino261.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Member Posts: 826 Pioneering

    PIP claim telephone is 0800 917 2222.

    Contact your local Citizens Advice for help filling in form.

    Get copies of your GP records about your conditions.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.