Support — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.


raxa Member Posts: 37 Connected
edited September 2018 in Education
Hi My son is 23 years old has Autisum with learning difficulties he was at residental placement for 3 years and finished in July 2017 he didn't had smooth transition because of that he can't focuses on anything else, SEN team found computer course in harrow Weald college he only went for 2 weeks as he is used to residental enveriontment .  Since his back home he has gone very very rigid and stubborn get angry for small things.

My main concern is by September if he is not in education SEN team will take his name out from EHCPLAN.  I am very disappointment they haven't tried anything to find him suitable course or supported internship,  He wants to be in Education wants to do computer technology.  

He he has been seating at home doing nothing we both feeling isolated, he is feeling depressed and having impact on whole family.

Please please help me before it gets into worse situation. Thank you raxa


  • Ninny
    Ninny Member Posts: 7 Listener
    @raxa it does seem to be so hard to get..  then maintain help and support. All I can say is speak with the sen team and explain your concerns regarding your sons care and future . keep dialogue open.  I have a kid with hidden disabilities and thats really hard to get recognition anf support. My nephew is 22yrs old with Autism and ADHD and he barely leaves the house  he is intelligent and at times as violent outbursts. My sister is very ill single mum.. so hard for her. It does seem to be us parents fighting for support and rights for our kids. Just know you aren't alone. 😊 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,105 Pioneering
    Hi @raxa,

    I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having - it sounds like a really tough time for you.

    Have you considered contacting the National Autistic Society? They have lots of information about autism on their website, and also have a helpline for people to get in touch for advice and support, which you might find useful.

    I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Can you help @melaniethorley ?
    Senior online community officer


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.