Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
What can I do to convince the tribunal?
I have fibromyalgia and have been turned down for pip, I was reluctant to apply but was urged to do so by many health professionals, I regret this as it has been the most stressful thing I have ever done, I am now going to tribunal because the person who did my assessment had no understanding of this chronic condition and basically lied, I was so upset at what this person said about me I became suicidal and have just finished a course of cbt. Which helped me to cope with the bad feelings I had but now it's all come back and I am in bits, I have to go to the tribunal tomorrow and am terrified I have not slept and am in agony, what can I do to convince the tribunal that I am not lying I feel so alone.
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.