Powered wheelchair and PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Powered wheelchair and PIP

kieronw10
kieronw10 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
looking for advice,help on getting a powered wheelchair,do I have to change to PIP to get one?,also concerned at going through the 'assessment ordeal' again,any help, advice welcome.
Thanks,nice to be here.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kieronw10   Pleased to meet you welcome.

In answer to your question have look at our information on Practical Information and Support under disability aids and equipment for any advice if that helps.

Otherwise hope some one from our team might advise or a member of our community.

As for PIP I understand the ordeal as do many of our community going through the procedure including myself.

First thing to say have a look under our benefit advice and information talk about PIP for information and advice.

Applying for PIP consider looking at the DWP website for numbers who to contact and advice, information. How and do I qualify.

Second thing when receiving the form you will need advice filling it in. Use what ever have the support you may have.  Could be Support worker, Carer, friend  Also contact CAB  your local office to advise. to help fill it in.

The form comes with lots of booklets and other information. Read it carefully.

I am sure members of our community will be happy to add anything further.

Am here to listen and wish you the best .

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    kieronw10 said:
    looking for advice,help on getting a powered wheelchair,do I have to change to PIP to get one?,also concerned at going through the 'assessment ordeal' again,any help, advice welcome.
    Thanks,nice to be here.
    Have you been assessed by Social Services/OT as having to need a wheelchair?

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kieronw10 and a warm welcome to the community! I hope you get the advice that you are looking for :)
    Scope

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kieron10, this NHS page also has some great guidance on choosing the right mobility aids, and on the Motability scheme. Best of luck, and do keep us updated!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.