ESA/Decision Makers and their decisions! What they have cost me! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA/Decision Makers and their decisions! What they have cost me!

Options
poppawotsy
poppawotsy Community member Posts: 11 Listener
I have been mistreated terribly by both ESA decision maker's and a DRT decision makers. Their wrong stoppage of ESA benefits 06/01/2016-20/05/2016 & 13/06/2016-08/12/2016. I won both appeals proving various wrong dolngs of decision makers, including untruthful evidence and failure to disclose evidence they received. Still mistreated me after winning 2nd appeal. I was burgled and lost all electrical goods, then private landlord misled court into granting possession order changed locks and blamed letting agent into getting rid of all the rest of my possessions in house. Large bed wardrobes drawers, corner suite, table chairs, big wall mirror lamp and a collection of family photos etc. No home contents insurance, have police case, log no,s etc. All my conditions worsened, no support left on my own. What legal action can I take, anyone? Thank you!

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi poppawotsy
    This all seems to be tied together.Unfortunately you would be best seeking out a Solicitor as the advice given here,while excellent,is based on people’s personal experiences and benefit rules.Nobody here can give you that kind of legal advice 
    so I would say make an appointment with a solicitor and take all paperwork with you and they will go through it step by step.Good luck.
        Debsidoo.x
  • poppawotsy
    Options
    Debsidoo- I know what you mean but solicitor's in Liverpool probably would not take my case on as I name decision makers plus their contempt for HMCTS system knowing that HMCTS judges cannot enforce decisions. poppawotsy
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi poppawotsy
    if you are unable to get representation by a solicitor then my only other suggestion would be to see someone at CAB.They often have volunteer representatives there who are well versed in the law.You May have to wait a few weeks though.
        Debsidoo.x
  • Lynette1066
    Lynette1066 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
    Options
    Hello, do you have a uni law school near? It might be worth checking. Sometimes they offer free legal help for locals. My city does this.
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    Options
    You're tying together different things and you are better off seeking independent advice. What I will add though is that eviction can be a long process and  you would have had a chance to make a representation during the process. A court would have looked at the evidence provided. making its judgement on that. You would have been given at least  seven days after the repossession to collect anything remaining things in the property before disposal. Unless you can show correct procedure wasn't followed you would be unlikely to show due cause for reversing the decision or asking for damages.
  • poppawotsy
    Options
    I understand what you are saying about a normal eviction, But....this was no normal eviction,the P/L also asked who the coloured chap was who turned up to the court claiming to be the tenant? Why didn't they question his identity, as he was clearly not me. Liverpool city councils, "Housing Options spoke to the P/L previously regarding the issuing of a section 21 notice  which had been done incorrectly.The next time they spoke was after the burglary and the misleading of the court, changing the locks and asking the P/L to make an appt for the picking up of  my property, they didn't. Thank goodness the police attended the property, issuing case number log number etc.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.