Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Chronic fatigue Syndrome
I had a relapse at the end of March it's all been very stressful. I am finding it hard to accept the new me, I've been here before but it doesn't get easier. I've had to get a wheelchair to go out in which isn't very often, it's hard to accept that. My routine is very limited and I have a lot of thinking time. I started having coaching sessions and it became too overwhelming so I had to stop. I've just sorted out a cleaner and family members are doing the washing and ironing. I don't like being housebound spending hours on my own. I was a very independent person and worked hard. I've done too much some days out of frustration. My husband has health problems but is managing to work, he tries to understand about me but is equally frustrated. I've had help from two different clinics and I am getting Pip. What help/support have other people found useful.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.