Atos Assesment — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Atos Assesment

Marie1973 Member Posts: 1 Listener
This is my first time on here or indeed on any sort of forum, so please bare with me.
ok so I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis, COPD, Restless Leg Syndrome, and Fibromalgia... Chronic Pain 24/7 is an understatement, my problem is I went for my Medical assessment because I wasn't happy with what I was awarded, I should have been awarded at least 8 points just for my mobility,  but no they awarded me 4 points. now my Local Council is saying I cant have a Blue Badge because I need 8 points :/   Why does these Assessors have to lie.....they know nothing about our everyday struggles this assessor made me walk down the longest corridor passing lots of empty rooms on the way I was walking slow being supported by the walls and i was very breathless she even kept telling me to take my time then she lied im fuming.  these Atos things are useless not even seen by a Doctor then they lie they make it look like they are typing exactly what you say but there not...... dont be fooled they write exactly what they want they have no idea on pain and how we struggle anybody with my conditions cant relate to the pain.

Any advise would be welcome on how to tackle this and the Council 



  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Connected
    I suppose you could complain to ATOS about it. What you should be doing however is arguing for an increase in your points by sending the DWP a MR application.
    You don't need any points or even an award to get a blue badge - you claim for one under the special provisions. Put the form in, send your evidence in to the council and wait and see. You might be asked to attend a mobility assessment.

    Most over 65's don't have or can't have DLA or PIP but they manage quite well in getting one on the basis that they find it difficult in walking.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.