Anyone pleas help with advice..... — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Anyone pleas help with advice.....

Daren_66 Member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi. I spoke to Atos today and asked about if they have received my pip form and supporting evidence.? I was told yes all here. An hour later CAB who completed my pip form rang me and said they had a call from DWP, that ATOS don't know where my pip form is?? I rang ATOS again to now be told my paperwork came in yesterday, and a health professional looked at 223 pages of supporting evidence, and remarked no pip form seen, I rang DWP said yes we can see your PIP form it's on the system. Again I rang ATOS to be told yes your PIP form is here the health professional didn't look properly.!! However she said as you can not walk and have severe PTSD and OCD the health professional has deemed you to attend a f2f at an assessment centre. I asked them to refer to my GP letter and CPN and CAB letters of why I can't attend the centres. The lady said because you were blown up by an IRA landMine and you haven't sent in your pip form yet. You are to attend???? In one afternoon I made 14calls to ATOS and have been told different things on every phone call. Every person I spoke with said yes your PIP form is here, you can request a home  visit. I've done that. It just seems no one is looking at my paper work properly.. Please any advice on this....
Thank you. 


  • livonia
    livonia Member Posts: 74 Courageous
    how frustrating and worrying too. i think you need to write to them to make sure they do have the correct claimant and all the information.  i got a text when my pip and esa claims were received.  my support worker helped me or i never could have done it.
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Member Posts: 490 Pioneering
    Hi same thing had happened too someone I no .he sent the form off with evidence .but thenot sent him a letter too say they haven't got his form!.he rang them too be told it was there fault it hasent been put on computer .don't no what there playing at .hope you can get sorted .I got resumed a home visit although I'd had one before. Contacted my m.p and they gave me a home visit .
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,549 Disability Gamechanger
    This sounds like a confusion caused by anxiety about the receipt of the form and evidence causing too many phone calls. DWP do not make calls on behalf of ATOS. ATOS take referrals from DWP. ATOS don’t even know you exist until they get the PIP 2. They don’t tend to register cases on the system until they do.

    The next issue is 200+ documents. It’s not realistic to expect ATOS HCPs or DWP case managers under huge pressure to get through multiple cases in a day to read through 200+ documents. This makes it likely that any evidence which makes a case for a paper based assessment won’t have been picked out. 

    So, you need to do 1 letter, and keep a copy. That letter needs to spell out why the assessment needs to be paper based. It needs to be accompanied by the medical evidence which specifically makes that case. That’s either a new letter from a medical professional or 1 or 2 of your existing letters. Anything more than 5 is unrealistic. 

    Whilst I understand the anxiety which drives the impulse to put in lots of medical evidence because people want to reduce their anxiety and make their claim watertight the fact is there’s no such thing. There are 10 daily living and 2 mobility activities on which you can score points. That’s 12 things. At worst you need 24 pieces of focused medical evidence and an equal amount of anecdotes per activity. Focus not volume is the actual key to wining an award of PIP.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.