Appealing pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing pip

Options
amethyst69
amethyst69 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
six weeks ago I appealed my pip decision. Not heard anything back. Does anyone know if I should call them or if it takes longer and to just be patient 

Comments

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    Do you mean mandatory reconsideration, or a tribunal?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @amethyst69 and a warm welcome to the community! 
    I know it can take 6-8 weeks to hear anything. It may be worth giving DWP a call next week :)
    Scope

• manthyfin
    manthyfin Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi i had my pip tribunal a week ago and i won after a year of waiting .i was told to ring a few days later to make sure dwp had recieved the tribunals decision.i rang yesterday and she said they have to make the final decision and i said the tribunal had  made a decision and she said something about 28 days .very rude disnt speak to very nice dont understand as i was told by cab that if i won it would take dwp 4 - 6 wks to pay me my money .can someone plz help as getting really effacted by this now this has been going on for 13 months since they first stopped my pip 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.