If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I am currently on ESA and PIP but i need to move back in with grandmother who also claims pip

sk02sk02 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello. As the title says. I have just ended my tenancy and need to move in with my 69 year old grandmother. Does anyone one know what i would have to pay to anybody? Like Rent or council tax.


  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,995 Disability Gamechanger
    Unless you’re signing up for a joint tenancy or co-ownership you’ll have no liability for any housing or council tax costs. This is simply about agreeing an appropriate contribution with your grandmother. However, if your grandmother lives alone there are potential impacts on her benefits and she needs to seek advice on that. It may be you can afford to offset any losses she has but it’s ime for face to face advice. 
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,289 Disability Gamechanger
    Your grandmother may or should have been getting council tax relieve as a single person. But the best advice is go to you local CAB for advice on what is the best way forward for you both, take as much financial Infomation with you about you both to get the best outcome and hopefully save a second visit good luck.
Sign in or join us to comment.