Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Renting a home
hi guys, I’m new to the site so hello all. I have a predicament and any advice would be most welcome. My husband left me and 2 kids in November last year, I have Myasthenia Gravis and Multiple Sclerosis, we had to sell our house because he left me in a lot of debt and I am finding it very hard to rent a house suitable for my needs. I have approached housing at the council and was told there are 44,000 families waiting for a council house/association and I was better off privately renting, but I’m finding that terribly difficult. Would any one be able to give me an idea what I can do because a big tent and the local park maybe my only option. ???
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.