Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
An anatomy question (not advice or help topic).
Hi, it doesn't bother me too much if i don't get an answer but i was more wondering what causes all these weird feelings in your body? Like right now it feels like i have something inside my back pushing on me, feels about as thick as a piece of card and covers quite a large area, my foot has had the feeling like there is something really thick inside it covering the sole area since october last year. Sometimes i have a nice sensation go all the way up my leg, feels like a ripple and is quite pleasant but everything else just feels weird or unpleasant but also not constantly painful so that's good. I know it's because my nerves aren't sending the right signals to my brain any more or maybe they're being interfered with but does anyone know in what way exactly? I have looked at the spine and nerves and found it interesting that you don't have just one nerve that goes from your spine down your leg to feel everything in your leg and more have lots of nerves go down it connected to different parts of the spine so that explained why i have a numb foot all the time but not a whole numb leg (although my leg can go number at times and has been completely numb before now).
Also does anyone know what kind of things i should educate myself on to to know more about the neural system? Like what terminologies to use?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.