No home visit a year after ESA claim - advice needed please — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

No home visit a year after ESA claim - advice needed please

rosielouise2010 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I applied for esa may 2017 and was approved a home visit. I still have not had visit or been put in a group. I’m still having to send fit notes in . I have complex PTSD and am really struggling. I have phoned them and they say no doctors in area. But it’s been a year and 2 months ! Any advice would be appreciated thanks Louise.


  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @rosielouise2010,

    Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

    I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your ESA claim. I've moved this over into our dedicated Employment and Support Allowance category, where other members of our community can share advice and support.

    Hope this helps! :) 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,206 Disability Gamechanger

    As you've already rang them then i'd advise contacting your local MP to see if they can help you with this. That length of time is rather long to be waiting for your assessment.

    Find your local MP and contact details here. You'll be able to email them with all your details and tell them exactly what's happening.

  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,872 Connected
    Get in contact with your local MP. They might be able to help you. I’m shocked at how long you have been kept waiting for no reason. This is completely unprofessional and unnecessary. Also consider writing a letter to them as well. If that does not seem to do the trick think about getting the media involved too. Sell your story to them as a humans right/interest story. That will definitely grab their attention. And make them feel ashamed of their ridiculous behaviour. 
  • thara
    thara Posts: 49 Connected This is a table of activities that are hard for disabled people to do. Have a look. 

    Once you have looked and decided then the next step is to get advice from a benefits advisor. After that you need to present your case clearly including all the information. Also at this point you have to collect supporting evidence to back up your claim. When you are totally sure that there’s a case and you have al the supporting evidence to hand and what you have to say then you should contact your MP. Agreed the delay is ridiculous but you stand a higher chance of getting them to listen to you if you have all the necessary evidence. Good luck!! 
  • rosielouise2010
    rosielouise2010 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for your reply’s. I phoned them and apparently there’s only 3 doctors in the uk that deal with home visits. What gets me is they have acknowledged that I’m not well enough to receive a home visit as they approved this after a letter from my doctor .  So why do I need to send fit notes in? They see I’m not fit for work as I don’t leave the house. There’s enough evidence I have had trauma thearpy and now under mental health team for more thearpy . I also take peroxtine , diazepam and propananol because of the ptsd . It was caused by rape in October 2016 I just haven’t been well since. They know this too. I just find it all ridiculous . Ile phone them again next week. I really struggle with stuff so I don’t feel I even have the energy to contact mp  . I really feel this country is arfull at supporting people who genuinely need it. They think everyone is lying or being lazy?. I’m trying really hard and once I’ve finished with all the thearpy and tablets I hope one day I can return too work. But right now I need help x


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.