Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Using PIP Medical Report For ESA Reassessment

keirakeira Member Posts: 136 Courageous
Does anyone know if Maximus or DWP use the PIP medical report to reassess your ESA?

Replies

• Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Member Posts: 858 Pioneering
    @Keira Lots of debate around this? I do believe they look at both as per this statement from 2014 below. I've always offered my infomation and added an index it in both ways, but make sure it's relevant to both as ESA and PIP technically are different benefits. ESA relates to Mobilising and PIP is walking.

Be very, very mindful how you mix the two. I've done it with DLA and ESA and ESA and PIP with results.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,941 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP have turned themselves inside out over this. First they argued that a medical report for one should be made available for the other. Then representatives turned that back on them so they argued it was two different benefits. 

A couple of recent decision have made it clear that the links are limited. These are CSE/66/2018 and CPIP/2346/2016.
Sign in or join us to comment.