Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Dealing with my disability... HELP
Hi, my name is Conan and I'm new to this forum. It's nice to find a place where i can talk to people who understand. I'm 34 and have cerebral palsy & hydrocephalus, I am wheelchair bound and rely on my Mum and Support Workers to help me. I have struggled to deal with my disability and can't seem to come to terms with it even though I've been this way since birth. Ive been backwards and forwards to councillors but nothing seems to help. I was wondering if anybody also feels this way and whether anyone could share how they deal with these feelings? As a result of my problems I struggle with depression and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 303 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 706 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.