Mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration

Options
Big_nelly
Big_nelly Community member Posts: 3 Listener
having transitioned from high rate dla to pip, I was only awarded standard on both parts causing me to lose the most important aspect in my daily life, my vehicle. I’m so confused as I can’t walk no more than 10metres. I was badly cheated on the assessment process. I attended with my family who look after my full time care needs.  I scored 11 points out of 12 for the care component and 10 out of 12 on The mobility. The assessor seen how much distress I was in and opted not to examine me! Yet in her report she has blatantly lied saying she did! My brother was in the room with me. Also there was many contradictions in the final report including the time it takes per week to make me comfortable. The DWP said it takes no more than 3hrs per week. I’ve since sent in proof that it takes just under 2hours per day! This should most certainly improve my score. I sent in testimony from my care givers. An photographic evidence which contains very graphic content just to give them the visual input of the time it actually takes. Also my gp has written a letter explaining that I cannot walk anymore than 10meters! They went off my old dla notes which stated I cud walk up to 30metres. Surely they have no other choice to overturn their original findings. If they don’t then obviously the process is severely flawed!! To lose my lifeline( my car) because of 1 or 2 points is ludicrous. 
Kindest Regards, Neil. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

For PIP it's not about the time it takes to make you comfortable, it's about the points scoring in line with the PIP descriptors. If you can't do something at least 50% of the time then you're classed as not being able to do it at all.

Did you send in more recent evidence along side your DLA file they used?

Less than 20% of MR's are successful. I hope for you that you're one of them. If not Tribunal is next and that's a long process.

I wish you good luck!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.