Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Just been for my review assessment and the assessor seemed to have missed out half of the descriptor Qs. I wasn’t asked did I have a dog, what I did all day, anything about the depression I suffer or how it affects me. She didn’t ask much about my chronic back pain either and seemed to focus most of the interview on my constipation and laxatives. I tried to explain that I sometimes lose my bowel contexts due to the laxatives needed to relieve the constipation I suffer due to the side effects of amount of painkillers I take. She was quizzing me on why I haven’t gone to see a bowel expert. I wouldn’t need one if it wasn’t for my meds binging me up. Why do you think she missed out half the Qs?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.