Hi, my name is dazsam69! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dazsam69!

dazsam69
dazsam69 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I was wondering if you clarify with me the time scale when I can reapply for a higher rate mobility award 
I was awarded high rate care and low rate mobility I appealed against the mobility  however my date for the tribunal was only two weeks after my spinal operation ( this was in December 17) they did not award me it.As I could not attend and agreed they make the decision in my absence and had already waited six months for the date.
i have degenerative spinal disease the op has not been a success and I need further ops to try and rectify this and also furthers ops in other areas of my spine my mobility has deteriorated further can I reapply for the higher rate mobility due to changes that have occurred and how do I go about this I am still on low rate mobility and high rate care 
thank you

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dazsam69

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that your mobility has deteriorated. Many members of our community have gone through the same situation you are in (PIP related) I am sure they will reply  with their advice soon.

Sorry I don't have any experience with issues to do with PIP but I just wanted to make you know that your post hasn't gone unnoticed.

@Ami2301
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello   @dazsam69   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing and I would add please do not know the answer. I just wanted to welcome you. I may add also one our community members will know and may in the future a member of our team.

Sorry about what has happened I do not understand the benefit system . Why you were awarded not higher rate.?

I would advise look at our advice and information on Talk about PIP or DLA.  If there are answers in any of the posts.

The benefit system is complex and confusing. I would it is possible seek the advice of CAB for further information if that helps.

One other solution is look at the DWP website for clarification and other information. You might have to speak to them. For some answers. Just another suggestion.

Please take care and wish you well for your operations and a speedy recovery.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.