If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Help with PIP form

FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
I have had Parkinson's for over 8 years now, but have just had to finish work as a dental technician at Christmas. I have been receiving DWP, but now have to apply for PIP. My wife and I are struggling with the form and wondered if there is any professional or community help that can be accessed for this purpose 


  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Foggy, and welcome!

    Two helpful resources that may be worth a read are Scope's information on PIP, and this Citizens Advice page on filling in the PIP form. Citizens Advice may also be able to help more directly if you contact your local CAB. Have a read, and do come back to us with any questions!
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP is the Department for working pensions and not a benefit itself.

    For the PIP forms contact your local CAB or any other disability advice centre near you and they maybe able to fit you in with an appointment to help with the forms. I say maybe because they are often very busy. It really depends when the forms have to be returned and how much time you have. They do allow a 14 day extension of time, if you need it but you must ring DWP PIP to ask for this.

    Don't forget you'll need to send supporting evidence with the PIP forms. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence. Also remember that PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it totally depends how your conditions affect you daily. Good luck.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.