PIP- what else is available? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP- what else is available?

Destiny
Destiny Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am new to this site. Would just like to know what is available to people on PIP. I have recently been awarded adv mobility and std care. 

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    with enhanced mobility you get automatic blue badge and free car tax
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Destiny said:
    I am new to this site. Would just like to know what is available to people on PIP. I have recently been awarded adv mobility and std care. 
    That would totally depend on circumstances and what, if any means tested benefits you claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    markyboy said:
    with enhanced mobility you get automatic blue badge and free car tax
    Automatically being entitled to a blue badge will depend on where the claimant scored the points in the mobility part. If it was 8 points or more in the moving around part of PIP then this will entitle them automatically. Following and planning a journey doesn't ....yet. Local councils haven't yet changed this part.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Destiny
    I am on ESA SG and SDP. Standard care PIP and enhanced mobility  pip.
  • Destiny
    I have a car on motobility and blue badges. But is there grants for stair lifts etc. Or mobility scooters. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Destiny, you may like to try this grants search to see if there's anything you may be eligible for.
  • poppy123456
    Destiny said:
    I have a car on motobility and blue badges. But is there grants for stair lifts etc. Or mobility scooters. 
    For mobility scooters try looking on gumtree in your area, or even on local facebook groups. You'll be amazed at the amount of people selling them and they are always that expensive.
  • Destiny
    Thank you poppy. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.