Disability counselling — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability counselling

Options
Kindmind
Kindmind Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited August 2018 in Mental health and wellbeing
Hi i have CP but also have struggles with anxiety and depression. I am having a hard time with new leg gaiters & Conductive education sessions
 Which seems to be really affecting my mental health. 
I was wondering if anyone knows of any counsellor trained in disability, that i could get in touch with? 
Thank you, 
Alison 

Comments

• EmmaB
    EmmaB Community member Posts: 263 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Alison.
    You could always try to search for a counsellor who is disabled themselves as they would most likely have more of an understanding of disability issues than someone who has been 'trained' in disability issues, as they nmigh assume disability is the central issue when it isn't...
    I'm a disabled counsellor who offers online counselling (via video, messaging or email) as this can make counselling more accessible (and cheaper). If you want to find out more about me my website gives more information: www.emmawestcounselling.co.uk
    I hope you find someone you feel you can work with as that is the key thing. Best wishes. Emma
  • Kindmind
    Options
    Thank you Emma 
  • Kindmind
    Options
    I have e-mailed you 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.