ESA Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Tribunal

bea63
bea63 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi, I received my Tribunal papers in April this year 2018. But as of yet haven’t received a date for going to tribunal. Is that normal? I suffer with depression and am getting more stressed as the time goes on?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bea63

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you're going through a stressful time. Unfortunately, I am unable to give you an answer as I am still learning about the various issues people face when dealing with benefits, however, many members with more knowledge will be in contact with you soon to offer their advice.

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bea63 and a warm welcome to the community! Unfortunately this is very common. Lots of community members will be able to relate to this so you do not have to go through it alone. Please do have a look around the community and get involved with anything that takes your fancy! :)
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    bea63 said:
    hi, I received my Tribunal papers in April this year 2018. But as of yet haven’t received a date for going to tribunal. Is that normal? I suffer with depression and am getting more stressed as the time goes on?
    Hi,
    As that's not yet 3 months then yes it's perfectly normal. You could be waiting several months or more for a hearing date. Some people wait as long as 1 year. You can ring the Tribunal, with your reference number and ask how long they think the wait will be and they'll tell you approx how long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bea63
    bea63 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for your replies and advice. It has put my mind at ease. Thanks for the welcome too. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.