Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I had some good news Friday about my ESA Appeal at the Tribunal. The Tribunal has allowed my Appeal & that I had good cause for failing to attend (I had Gastroenteritis & was advised to isolate myself). However they said I must make every effort to attend the rearranged medical assessment in order that her entitlement to ESA can be properly assessed. The Decision Notice was dated 24th July 2018. I have not yet heard from the DWP about the matter. I am getting concerned as I started a new claim for ESA at the beginning of July & have to send some documents to them about my pension & services charges for my flat by 11th August so I am not sure what to do. The original claim was for contributory ESA & put me in the Support Group so I am hoping they will just reinstate the claim.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.