Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi. My child will be 3 in Decemeber. I hav e received the DLA mobility form to fill in. He started walking 3 months ago. He is still very unsteady but getting better. Some days when he walks a lot the next day he is wiped out and reverts back to crawling. He still cannot get to a stand without using furniture to pull up. He is hyoermobile with low muscle tone. He struggles with steps, even one is hard for him and still crawls up. Also sometimes he will refuse to walk if he fears a new place or situation. He has no sense of danger. He has a chromosome disorder sensory needs and possible autism. He is non verbal. Any advice on filling the form would be great or just to hear others experiences. Thanks Michelle
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 752 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.