Filling out the PIP form — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Filling out the PIP form

Rubkin
Rubkin Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi to all I,m a new member, and I have just received the new pip papers and feel very nervous about filling it out, when I do get to it if I have any problems can I ask for any help I may need. Thk you.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rubkin and a warm welcome to the community! Filling out PIP papers can be tricky but you have lots of people who have gone through it. You may find the PIP section of the Scope website useful. There is also advice on the Citizen Advice website. I am sure the community will be able to help as well :)
    If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to ask!
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Is this a transfer from DLA? or a PIP review? Either way getting some help from your local CAB or a similar disability advice centre maybe a good place to start. Don't forget to send your evidence with the form, they very rarely contact anyone for this. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thara
    thara Posts: 49 Courageous
    Hi there!! I hope these tips help you: 

Get help with answering the questions on the form. Read the questions carefully before answering any questions. Describe your disability candidly to them. Include examples. Use any space on the form to tell them what you cannot do independently as well. Make sure that you send in any required evidence with the paperwork. Photocopy the form just in case. Find a guide online and use it to help you answer the questions properly. At all times ensure that you have provided enough information. 
  • elizadotty
    elizadotty Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi, I'm also a new member too. Thank you for your information it was really helpful. I still have a dilemma, I received my form last week to complete, then 3 days later I received a letter saying nothing changed and it had attached the points box. Feeling really confused, do I go to this interview.  I wondered if this had happened to anyone else.
    Thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.