Moved from IB to ESA 2011 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moved from IB to ESA 2011

Options
zacthezebra
zacthezebra Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
Hi all,
I thought maybe

Comments

• zacthezebra
    Options
    Sorry I caught a button on the keyboard and posted. This what it should have read.

Hi all,
    I thought maybe as errors have come to light concerning IB to ESA migration you maybe interested in my story. I was migrated from IB to ESA support group Jan 2012 and awarded an amount without the income based top up which we now all know was incorrect. I questioned the DWP several times from 2012 to early 2013 stating the award was incorrect but was told it was correct. April 2013 I requested an ESA3 form and completed it and was awarded an income based top up and the structure of my claim changed. Now included in my claim was the disability income guarantee which I had never received before.

The 2013 award letter also informed me I was claiming income based ESA which is strange as I did not think you could change from contribution to income based. The following year my award letter stated I was now claiming contribution based ESA with an income based top up. 2015 my wife claimed carers and some money was removed from my claim. I wrote to the DWP and asked for a statement confirming my award amount and dates. I was surprised to see the letter stated from February 2012 when I was migrated to ESA to the current date 2015, my claim award was far higher that the amount we were actually receiving. As the DWP are now back dating errors to 2011 I am hoping I will be included but have not heard from them.
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @zacthezebra
    i would give them a ring and ask about it.If not contact CAB who may be able to help you work it out.Good luck.
       Debsidoo.x
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @zacthezebra

A very warm welcome.

Take a look at rights net forum on ESA, there are lots of posts that you can read.

Let us know what you think.
  • zacthezebra
    Options
    Thanks for the replies I will look at rights net forum.
  • zacthezebra
    Options
    Very interesting reading rightsnet posts it looks like I am one of the IB to ESA claimants who was migrated incorrectly. By my calculations I was underpaid from mid Jan 2012 to early May 2013 which amounts to over £1000. I requested an ESA3 form May 2013 and once it was completed and sent back I received the correct award.

I feel for the poor people who as a result of not receiving the correct award ended up paying for prescriptions,school meals,dentistry etc, which they should have got free. The Government should reimburse people this is their mistake.

Hopefully they will contact me although I am concerned they will use this as an excuse for a new ESA50 and a WCA.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.