Hi, my name is kirsty333! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kirsty333!

kirsty333
kirsty333 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
I had 2 x strokes when I was 19 years old due to the contraceptive pill I was on. I was left paralysed down my right side and had to learn to walk and talk again. I was left with cognitive and memory problems combined with mental health problems of OCD, depression & anxiety.
I went on, with the help of my mother to live my life and actually gave up my DLA.
Years later after 3 suicide attempts and my mother's passing in 2012, I reapplied for DLA and got turned down, I ended up going to tribunal and got awarded it at the enhanced rate for mobility and care, which also was very traumatic for me. That was in November 2013. In 2015 it changed over to pip and I kept my award. But now my award has run it's course I have had my assessment from Crapita & only was awarded 2 points. They stopped my pip immediately and straight after my esa was reduced also, taking a total of £879 a month off me!
I am in the process of my MR and am dreading it as I fully expect it to go to tribunal again. Not helped by the lack of support from my existing family who's answer to me is; get a job! My sister told me I am capable! She told me that they (dwp) will spy on me and see that I do go out.
I am in the process of being assessed for epilepsy as I already have myoclonic jerking left over from my strokes and I suffered a seizure a month ago (my sister's response again to that was, plenty of people work with epilepsy).
I am at my wits end with the whole thing and am at the verge of giving up! I have been thinking of suicide more and more lately.
The capita report was very derogatory towards me and my issues and skipped around the truth.
Any moral support and or help and advice would be gladly appreciated.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kirsty333 and a very warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear about your experiences with DWP and having to go to MR (we all wish you the very best of luck with that!). Many community members will have gone through the process so may be able to help on the PIP board. Also, do you currently have any support in place? This can be really important. Is working something you would be interested in? I know that access to work can support reasonable adjustment and Scope have advice on employment.  
    I am sorry to hear how much you are struggling. The community is a supportive place but we are not medical professionals. If you ever did feel suicidal then please contact MIND or Samaritans.
    I hope you have a lovely day and if you need anything else then please do not hesitate to be in touch!
    Scope

• kirsty333
    Thank you for those kind words and constructive advice! I have no support in place as the support I did have was withdrawn due to funding.
    I do feel suicidal 90% of the time at the moment so work is not an option for me.
    I did work with support, for headway, but they had to let me go due to capability to work issues.
    I am currently receiving support from my doctor for my suicidal thoughts!
    Many thanks ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    You're more than welcome @kirsty333. It is understandable that work currently would be too difficult. I am glad to hear that you have got medical help regarding your suicidal thoughts. 
    The community is a supportive environment so please do feel free to get involved. You may find the physical/ mobility impairments, mental health issues and invisible impairments boards that are particularly helpful for you. You can contribute to threads or start your own. If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to be in touch!
    Scope

• kirsty333
    Thanks again for this info as well and I will endeavour to investigate as many avenues as possible! It is always nice to know that even in my darkest times; there is support out here! 
    Take care ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Not a problem at all @kirsty333 :) 
    Hope you have a lovely day!
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.