DWP backdown... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP backdown...

Options
TheRealBlue
TheRealBlue Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had a phone call out of the Blue today it was the DWP they went through the security checks and then said Hi I’m ring to say that I’ve just gone over your PIP appeal and I’m now in the position to offer you what you had before. This then means you no longer have to go too the court appeals hearing and you will have your payments back dated so I then asked about the mobility side of the appeal to which he said I can not change that but you still will be able to then resubmit a change of circumstances. 
I reluctantly expected due to hardship with the lack of money but I do hold some extra health cards to play once things have been sorted. 
What I was wondering why the backdown out of the Blue was it a bid to save money knowing they would loose and save the shame of how I’ve been treated or what has there been anybody out there who has had similar happen to too you 

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’ve noticed others posting this as well. I think it’s to cover up the statistics 
  • TheRealBlue
    TheRealBlue Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    If it wasn’t for the fact that we are in a bad place with money as you get dependent on it I would have had my day in court however I can do a change of circumstances form and hit them hard with further medical back up. Ok it may have saved them one person in their statistics war but I’ll get my day with them somewhere down the line. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.