Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Want to loose weight
Hi im a Crohns suffer an last year I had to be admitted to hospital for 3 emergency major opperations very complexd opperations now my tummy muscles are very weak but I want to lose weight I was only 9st/6 before i went in to hospital I was in there for 5months not very active at all down to the surgery when I was sent home I weighed 11st I was told to walk as much as I can to loose the weight which I've done but I'm now 12st I want to do more excersice but not sure what's safe as I also had an hernia repair in tummy as well it's really getting me down coz I can't for the life of me seem to loose anything I'm 59 years old never been this size before in my life an it's affecting things like getting out of breath no energy what can I do ?
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 799 Work and employment
- 590 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 939 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.