i need some help and advice for PIP assessment with capita please x — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

i need some help and advice for PIP assessment with capita please x

fibrogirl91
fibrogirl91 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hey all im new here but im in desperate need of help and advice.
my pip claim has been sent to capita and they sent me a letter with a f2f assessment at a venue even though i stated on my claim form i need it at home due to my illnesses.
so my mum phoned capita and explained my circumstances to them and they were happy to change it to a home visit (i didnt realise that this was classed as me cancelling)
nobody turned up to my home visit.....
so my mum phoned twice on the day (friday) and explained no one had turned up...
she then had to phone back on the monday to see why no one had turned up....
she phoned back, they just said that there was a problem with the person who was supposed to turn up. they then booked me in for ANOTHER f2f assessment as a venue! my mum stated i cant leave the house and they said that there were no home visits available and that i would have to get a letter off my doctor to back me up (i have to wait up to 2 weeks for this letter) so my appointment at the venue is on the 21st of this month and they wont change it for a home visit due to there being none available apparently. they then told my mum that if i cant get the letter in on time before this appointment that i will have to phone on the day before and cancel the appointment resulting in them referring my claim back to dwp. and that i have to then phone dwp and ask them to refer it back to capita....
this is causing me severe stress resulting in my anxiety and depression getting worse and worse each day.
what can i do?
will i lose my entitlement to back pay if i end up getting awarded PIP? (if it gets sent back to dwp)
heeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community!!

Threaten to involve your local MP. Also get advice from Disability Rights UK and CAB office. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @fibrogirl91 Pleased to meet you welcome.

So sorry what has happened I am acutely aware of the situation with PIP assessments. Have some time ago been through one. I agree with what you say you want a home visit and should be entitled to have one.

Which you should if you feel if you can not travel.  Due to your anxiety and depression plus any other factors. 

Which you have done and you had no one turn up to the fault of the assessors.  Then they should be accommodating to your needs and provide what you need may I add.

Please can I ask who is supporting you in all of this besides your Mother. Do you have support.? I would enquiry about some support. 

Use an advocate or similar services.  Mental health support. The issues are complex and. need to be addressed surrounding your anxiety and depression.  May I advise.

Need to contact CAB and Welfare rights around any benefit enquiries and hope they can offer some solutions to your query.

Problem is with the assessments no matter what ever you choose to do. Home visit or assessment. The DWP need to process your claim.

Please can I ask you to look at our information on Talk about PIP and information and advice.  Understand you need reassurance and what to do.

Please can I say we are a supportive friendly community. Hope we can support you and advise you.

Please take care am here as is all the community to support you and listen.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @fibrogirl91 and a very warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you have had a hard time with DWP and that it is causing you more stress. I am unsure if you would loose your entitlement but I hope the community is able to clarify this for you. Please do have a look around and get involve with things, if you need anything then do let me know :)
    Scope

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    The poster is in a very difficult position. It is clear that if they do not turn up at the assessment centre their case is likely to be sent back to the DWP and with that run the risk of them closing it down permanently.

I can't see that any MP could do much in the given next 7 days. 

I never even considered a home visit for any of my face to face assessments (3). All the assessor wants to do is ask questions and write down the answers. Whether you get a true report is another matter.

I would be making some effort to get to the venue, and in doing so it would remove the risk of having to start all over again. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.