Hi, my name is dan1234! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dan1234!

dan1234
dan1234 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi I had a home assesment for pip just under 2 weeks ago.i had to go out yesterday with the aid of my daughter and I see the adviser that did my assesment she just crossed by me and stood the other side of the road watching me for around 10/15 seconds.can she change the assesment it's never been said I can't go out.yhis has coursed me 2 panic attacks in 12 hours.im so panicked by this .I feel I was being watched .

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @dan1234   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Understand the anxiety and the dread of having an assessment. All I can say no I do not think that would be a cause for concern.

To reassure you have been doing this for on and off twenty years. Various assessments and never heard of a some one going back to change a report. All because you were seen.

These people have so many to see.  Conveyor belt system to me. Yes watching you but in the end of the day . You have said what you have said.  Honest and true.

To give you confidence, reassurance and be supportive. I went shopping one time and my assessor was in the shop near me.  Had the assessment that day.

Recognise me of course not. We are a person to them more like a number.  Add to that last assessment had a long time waiting . Ended up speaking to a security guard in the assessment centre. Life and anything else.

The assessor could have gone out and asked him about me. I do not think that would ever happen.

Besides two weeks have gone by.  In your situation. All of us need to try to concentrate on the most important aspects.  Getting what we need to survive.

All I can add is we are a supportive friendly community.

Care and share.

Plenty of information, advice, new friends.

One final point my mind would be now thinking of the future for a successful outcome.

We are here to help and support you.  Have a look at our forum benefit advice for information.

Ask the community anything. We are here to listen.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    dan1234 said:
    Hi I had a home assesment for pip just under 2 weeks ago.i had to go out yesterday with the aid of my daughter and I see the adviser that did my assesment she just crossed by me and stood the other side of the road watching me for around 10/15 seconds.can she change the assesment it's never been said I can't go out.yhis has coursed me 2 panic attacks in 12 hours.im so panicked by this .I feel I was being watched .
    Hi @dan1234

A very warm welcome.

You can phone the PIP helpline and ask for a copy of your assessment report, this will enable you to see, the likely outcome of the assessment.

Once the report has been sent to the DWP, it cannot be changed, by the assessor.

It must have been a pure chance encounter, with the adviser, nothing to worry about.

Keep us informed on your progress.

• dan1234
    Thank you makes me feel a little better getting some replays back had more panic attack yesterday 
  • Support_worker
    Support_worker Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Assessment advisor's cannot do anything against your claim if they pass you on the Street you have every right to be out on the Street be it on your own or with someone else once your claim has been made and accepted by the DWP then you are
    OK to go about your daily life  
  • dan1234
    I got a text to say they had received it and I would hear back with in 4 weeks it's been 2 weeks since she come to my house 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dan1234 and a warm welcome to the community! Thank you very much for sharing this experience and I am sorry that it is causing you a lot of panic at the moment. Please do have a look around the community and get involved. If there is anything that I can do then please do let me know!
    Scope

• dan1234
    The lady clearly reconside me she stood across the road watching me.i have server arthritis in my joints.somedays I can't move because of pain it just happens on the day she came to the house I was really bad but on the day I was out with my daughter I wasn't as bad.the way the lady was watching me was horrible.
    Are the addvisors aloud to Video people or take pictures ?
    I was aided by my daughter so worried by this whole situation.
  • dan1234
    Can someone advise me regards taking pictures thank you 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dan1234, I believe they are not allowed to. Like previous people have mentioned, the assessment has been sent off so no changes can be made
    Scope

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi

I can confirm that no assessor has any powers to investigate/photograph you.

If the DWP had any concerns about anyone, this would be assessed by the Fraud Investigation Service (FIS).  I should add that over 85% of reported fraud, is  dismissed by FIS, without any investigation.

Have you asked for a copy of your assessment report yet?
  • dan1234
    No I havnt they text to say they had received the report and I'd hear with in four weeks .it's been two weeks today 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.