How do I find suitable housing? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do I find suitable housing?

Options
marymq
marymq Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi all, my names mary and im really in need of a 4 bed bungalow i have a 4 bed house witch i can no longer get up stairs due 2 back problems and had 2 ops i also have id twin girls that have very poor vision and have fell down stsirs a few times im at the end of my teather im always on egde and worried this house is just not suitable at all defo need to be on one level 2 be able 2 live our lifes i have doc surport mental health surport please tell me how i can try to get moved in to a bunglow kind regards mary 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @marymq

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about your situation, are you in a council house or private rented?

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @marymq and a warm welcome to the community! Thank you for sharing this with us all! I am really sorry to hear that you feel your house is not suitable. Have you contacted social services? Are you currently in a rented property, bought or council? 
    Scope

• o5jessica
    o5jessica Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Options
    I know how this feels I tried years to find soical housing for medical needs I had all reports back up . Yet every I offered to small my large medical equipment, 
    Now I left one yr no even repair rotten floor no use wetroom no shower being washed out of bukets on bedroom. 
    Cuts adult soical care my area Northamptonshire's means no choices.
    On many different ways I tried to get help support.
    Nothing.
    I ended up again in hospital due effect on health,
    I feel for you as your family kids , 

Do you have family network to help. ?

• WeepingWillow
    WeepingWillow Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Options
    There are very few 4 bed bungalows available so that might be a problem if you mean the council. How old are your children? You can try a home exchange site such as homeswapper for example. The problem is not what evidence you can supply to show you fit the need but availability of stock. By that I mean they can only give you something they have.
    Have you looked at other ways to improve your current home to make it more suitable? ( for example chair lift), If you have support workers involve them.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @marymq, how are you getting on? :)
    Liam

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.